Heath Ledger's death this week reminded me of a recent People Magazine publication I saw a few weeks ago titled Gone Too Soon: Remembering 65 Celebrities Who Died Too Young. Elvis, Princess Diana, John Lennon... all gone before their time. While I do not know any celebrities personally they still sometimes touch my life with their influence in art, music, acting, etc. and when they die young it saddens me to lose their talent. Are there any celebrities *gone too soon* in your life? Who do you miss seeing? What do you miss about them?
Well, she is a celebrity to me so the first celebrity is my mom, she was my absolute best friend, she was always there for me and my brothers. She had the best heart in the world, she helped so many people and have them stay at our her home and help them out onto their feet. She never turned away someone in need, she would make food for those people that came knocking at our door looking for a handout. She was such a talented lady, she sewed like a professional, oil painted, crocheted, did beautiful bead work. I wish I had her talent. She has been gone for 14 years now and I miss her like if it was yesterday.
Anyway, on to my Celebrity. I will pick Princess Diana. She was such a beautiful person. I miss seeing and hearing about all the good she was doing for the poor, for spreading Aids Awareness, for her contribution to get rid of the landmines. Her work was always on a humanitarian rather than a political level which I loved.
September Sketch Challenge
1 week ago

3 comments:
Awww Yvie, I was touched to read about your mom. (((((Hugs)))))
That's very sweet!
HUGS!
Very sweet!! HUGS!!
Post a Comment