Sunday, April 06, 2008

Update.........

Thanks everyone for the prayers and hugs.

SIL is doing okay for now. George and his other sis were with her all day Friday and went over somethings, like an intervention. She finally, admitted that she has been having some kind of blackouts and sometimes, does not remember what day it is. George and other sis got POA's and we have our attorney friend draw up a power of attorney to give him right to make health decisions for her. She does have an appointment with a Dr. tomorrow, that MIL and other sis will go with her. We have another friend that is a Psychologist that would see her this week, if she wants to go.

She has alot of issues that we been trying for her to get help on, but you know how it goes.....you can't help someone that does not reconize that she needs help.

5 comments:

-leafa mcbirdie said...

whoa! that's some scary stuff, Yves... I hope your SIL gets (and accepts) the help she needs.

Cathy said...

I hope she will be ok!!!

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

I hope the doctor appointment goes well! And I hope she is seen by a neurologist.

SuzyQ said...

I hope she gets the help she needs! {{{HUGS}}} to you and your family!

Carla said...

Sorry to hear that you and your family are going through some tuff times.
I have a cousin that needs some major help but not one member of my family had been willing to step in and take the bull by the horns including me......and Im not sure why that is....something that none of us want to face, but the more I think about it the more I think it really needs to be done. It will be a long hard road once the ice gets broken though.