Monday, August 03, 2009

A trip to the Hospital

No not me.....I am doing good, baby doing good. It was George. He was up most of the early morning with abdominal pain, he did not want to wake me up or get me all worry, so he waited as long as he could. Well, at 6am he was as pale as a ghost, clammy and hunched down in a lot of pain. Finally he was convinced to call 911, they came pretty fast and took him for a ride to the hospital. I got Briana up and got her in the car. Well, after being there for 3 hours just waiting for the test results, George just wanted me to come home with Briana, as she was being impossible and she was cranky (I don't blame her). I couldn't find anyone to come get her or watch her. The girls I use to babysit were either at work or class. Did not want to call his parents, cause they will just get on our nervous and they don't do well in emergency situation.

George finally called after 1:30pm and said he was still in a little pain, but not so much they had given him something much stronger than morphine, he can't remember the name of it and he had fallen asleep all this time. The doctor said all his tests came back good and now he wanted to do a ultrasound to check his stomach. Well, the result of the ultrasound was that he has Gallstones. Yup, after like 2 years that we went through the same thing, this doctor finally gave us the news, why couldn't they (the other hospital and Dr) tell us this 2 years ago.....I have no idea!! I was pissed and relieved at the same time.

Home after 4pm, he is doing good. I made some bland rice and chicken for him to eat. No more fatty foods for him, which we really do not eat anymore. That big fat Carl's Jr hamburger he at on Sunday for lunch was his last. Hope he enjoyed it.....LOL! Oh, that hamburger was what had triggered the abdominal pain. Now to re do our dinner menu and find new recipes that he will like and are not to greasy. You know for this Cuban girl, its going to be hard leaving my roasted pork!

Love ya babe.

Here is a website with some info about Gallstones.

http://www.gastro.org/wmspage.cfm?parm1=5680

2 comments:

La- said...

UGH! poor George! I hear Gallstones are the worst pain in the world!! Seriously!!

Glad he is feeling better- You can find lower fat ways to do the cuban food I bet!! :)

La-

Jessica said...

Ouch! I hope the change in diet has him feeling better soon!