Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Dancerina

The other day, George and I went through some boxes in the garage. I found a box that was not marked. When I opened it I was shock to find some of my old toys. I can't believe I found my Dancerina doll. This doll was given to me when I was 2 years old at Christmas time. My eyes teared up and I was telling George how much I played with this doll with my mom. I am so glad she is still with me. She is in okay condition, her outfit is a little faded and a few little holes here and there on her tutu. I am going to keep it in the box until Briana is old enough and take care of her. This is going to be one of many hand me downs she can pass to her daughter.


Here is a little detail about this doll, that I was able to find online.

She was introduced by Mattel in 1968. She stands at 24 inches tall. She is battery operated doll. If you push her crown down she will spin around. If you pull the crown up, she kicks her legs back and forth. She turns in either direction and can also dance in place on her tip-toes. The doll has a thin plastic record with dance music to be played on a regular record player (33 1/3 rpm).

2 comments:

~Holly~ said...

wow, how cool is that?? I know I don't have any toys saved from when I was young! It would be awesome to see them again!

scrapperjen said...

How VERY cool! It's nice to have those fond memories.