
for Cubans!! Fidel Castro has resigned after 50 years in power! It's about time.
All though his resignation would not bring any significant change to the island. His brother Raul Castro has been making all the decisions for over a year since Fidel has been ill, so he is seen as the most likely the successor. We won't see any real celebrations from Cuban Americans as we believe Raul Castro will be the same as his brother. They are dictators!!
We do hope a good change will happen soon. I would love to visit the island where my parents grew up and meet my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins there. I would love this to happen so my dad can see his family, his family he left over 45 years ago and has not seen them since. Maybe 2008 will be a good year for Cuban Americans!

2 comments:
aww Yvie, I hope it is a good year for you!!
I heard! Very exciting!
HUGS!
Post a Comment