A few weeks ago a dear friend of Georges family lost a dear friend. Her name was Albertina. I was happy to say, I met this great lady when George and I were dating. She was a very talented and sweet lady. She passed away from Cancer. Her husband died a very long time ago and they only had one son. Well, he came over the other day to bring me something his mom left for me, can you believe it ME. I was so taken back, I just cried. No one has left me something in their will. I mean, I do have my mom jewelery and my house has some furnishings and decor that my dad gave me, when I got married and I treasure those with my life. But, from a person outside of family, never. Here is a picture of what he gave me.
This is a handmade fruit bowl she did with silicone (I think). It is so pretty in person.



and this is a statue of the Virgin Mercedes, she is one of many patrons of Cuba. This is the Virgin I have on my medallion that I wear and my mom gave me.

I am just so in awe with the gifts she left me. I will treasure these for ever.
2 comments:
i'm so sorry for the loss. How very sweet and thoughtful that she would leave you such great things.
that so cool to receive these items from your friend.
Post a Comment