Briana has been waking up screaming in hysterics several times at night. It has happened 3 times this last 4 nights. I can't figure out what is going on. I have searched for some answers, and all I can come up with is these two possibilities.
Nightmares or Night Terrors.
Nightmares, we all now this is when you dream something scary. But, I've never heard of Night Terrors, this is a partial waking from sleep with behaviors such as screaming, kicking, panic, sleep walking, or mumbling. They usually occur within 2 hours of the time baby goes to sleep. They say these are harmless and each episode will end in deep sleep and it is considered normal until age 6.
These are some of the symptoms of the Night Terrors
* Your child is frightened but cannot be awakened or comforted.
* Child's eyes are wide open but she does not know that you are there.
* Episodes last from 10 to 30 minutes
Although, I think what she is having are nightmares, she does have some of the symptoms indicated for Night Terrors. They say to prevent the Night Terrors is to make sure the baby is not overly-tire, make sure they go to bed at a regular time and early enough to give them enough sleep and make sure they get their daily nap. I do think she does all this already, I'm going to monitor it more carefully and it occures more, I will call her doctor.
Hopefully, we will get a good night's sleep tonight.
September Sketch Challenge
1 week ago

5 comments:
trevor had them from time to time. they arent fun for the mommy who gets woken up! :( hugs!
ahhh Yvie, poor her :(
Noah used to have (what I think was) Night Terrors, he would wake up screaming and wouldn't calm down at all.
He has grown out of them thank goodness!!
I hope your princess sleeps better tonight :)
wes use to get them also . . . especially around halloween.
hoping you get a good night sleep tonight. ((HUGS))
It's looking good Yvie - you'll be totally hooked to this blogging lark now LOL Hope the nightmares stops... for all your sakes :)
Aww poor thing.. and poor Mommy worrying about the little one. Thinking of you guys...
La-
Post a Comment