Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Family Roots

Wow! Today I found out there are famous, well known people in the Heredia roots. George and I were going through all the heritage photos his mom gave to us. I was very glad she gave these photos to us, I can't wait to scrapbook them. I will have to scan these and show you some of these photos. They are awesome.

Well, here are the two famous people in the family roots. The first one is George's dad cousin Alicia Alonso, A Cuban prima ballerina. She danced in Swan Lake with the American Ballet Theatre in New York. She is considered a legend and is most famous for her portrayals of Giselle and Carmen.

Alicia Alonso (1921- )


The other famous person is José María Heredia, A Cuban journalist and poet, he is well known for his poem named "Niagara". He is George's Great-Great Grandfather.

Jose Maria Heredia (1803-1839)



I can't wait to find out more about his family. I don't think there is anybody well-known in my side of the family. I need to start digging.



Thanks for stopping by. Hugs

5 comments:

Tonya said...

wow! very cool.
I hope to see some LO with this info :)

~Holly~ said...

How cool is that Yvie!!!

scrapperjen said...

WOW - cool! I hope you'll share more "famous" people you're related to!

Anonymous said...

woW Yvie, how cool is that :)

La- said...

That is so cool! Good for you to have this information to pass on to your children!!

La-